New Dates FAQs
After careful consideration, including consultation with artists and our partners at Holland America Line, we have decided to postpone the 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise to October 30-November 6, 2021 on Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam.
Our promise has always been to provide you with the ultimate rock ‘n’ roll party at sea, bringing together a family of like-minded fans to relive those favorite moments, create new memories, and enjoy getting to know the superstars you love. Moving a cruise like this requires many logistical changes and details that must be managed very carefully. Be assured that we will only be satisfied with providing the full StarVista LIVE Malt Shop experience that we’ve always worked so hard to deliver.
We understand that many of you may have questions regarding the transfer of your 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise reservation to 2021. We have put together a list of frequently asked questions and answers below. As always, if you need additional information, our reservationists stand by ready to help.
Q. What happens to my existing Malt Shop Memories Cruise payment plan?
- The new sailing dates will allow guests on all payment plans additional time to pay. Starting October 1, 2020, all payment plans will be transitioning to the monthly plan with your remaining balance split into 12 equal and substantially reduced payments. Your final payment will be due September 1, 2021.
- Will all the artists from the 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise be moved to the 2021 cruise?
- Gladys Knight, The Righteous Brothers, Jay And The Americans, The Miracles, Jay Siegel’s Tokens, The Tymes, The Coasters, The Vogues, The Elegants, Al “Lil Fats” Jackson, and The Elvis Tribute Artists have all agreed to join us for the new dates in 2021. Please be patient as we continue to work with the rest of the artists and provide the best Malt Shop experience possible. We will provide updates to the lineup as soon as confirmations finalize.
- Will there be a new itinerary for the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise?
- We are working with our partners at Holland America Line to secure a fantastic Caribbean itinerary. We are still planning to leave from Fort Lauderdale. We will update you as ports are confirmed.
- Will I keep the same cabin, seat assignments and dining times for the new 2021 sailing dates?
- Because the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise is now scheduled to sail on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the sister ship to the Eurodam which was our ship for the 2020 sailing, it will be easy to automatically transfer your current reservation to the new dates and there is no need to call us. Your 2021 reservation will include the same cabin assignment, same seats, same early or late dining time and same trip protection choice.
Q. What if I would like to upgrade my cabin?
A. If you wish to upgrade your cabin, you may call the office to request an upgrade and we will assist you based on cabin availability. You may also join the cabin waitlist to be notified weekly if other cabin categories become available.
- When will I receive my booking confirmation for my new reservation in November of 2021?
- Once we complete the transfer in your StarVista LIVE account, you will receive an email by July 1st. Please review carefully to ensure that everything is as you expected and call the office with any questions.
- What if I cannot make the new Malt Shop Memories Cruise dates?
- If you cannot make the October 30 – November 6, 2021 dates, you may receive a StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit for the amount paid to date on your 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise. In order to transfer your FCC to another StarVista LIVE cruise, you must notify us, in writing, by sending an email to email@example.com by Friday, June 26th. All StarVista LIVE cruise credits must be redeemed by December 31, 2022.
- Why can’t I receive a refund instead of a 100% future cruise credit?
- Our Terms and Conditions that each financially responsible guest signs upon booking this cruise state that payments made to Star Vista LIVE are non refundable. Again as our Terms state: “If a Cruise is cancelled before commencement, you will be entitled, as your exclusive remedy, to receive an alternative sailing.” Therefore, we are offering the postponed dates of the Malt Shop Memories Cruise sailing or a Future Cruise Credit.
Please note, that our obligations to the cruise line, artists and other vendors continue in order to plan and produce the kind of event we’ve all come to expect.
- Do the StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credits expire?
- Yes. All StarVista LIVE cruise credits must be redeemed by December 31, 2022.
- What if I cannot sail on the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise and I do not want to cruise on any other StarVista LIVE cruise currently announced and available? Can I save my StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit for later?
- You must tell us if you cannot attend the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise by June 26th, 2020. You may then wait and apply your StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit later, but it must be used on an announced cruise which sails prior to December 31, 2022. Please note that the longer you wait, the more likely it is that your choices will be restricted. We recommend that you make your choice as soon as you are able. And remember that any StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit balance as of December 31, 2022 will be forfeited and no refunds will be issued.
- I am unsure of what I want to do with my Future Cruise Credit. What if I use my StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit but I change my mind later and want to go on a different StarVista LIVE cruise?
- StarVista LIVE cruises are non-transferrable. When you apply your Future Cruise Credit to a different StarVista LIVE cruise it then becomes non-transferable, and we cannot allow additional changes.
- What is the status of the travel protection I already purchased for the 2020 cruise?
- If you purchased Travel Protection through StarVista LIVE at the time of booking, that same type of insurance, Standard or Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) coverage, will carry forward to your 2021 reservation. If you purchased through a third-party vendor, please contact them to revise and confirm your new travel dates.
- Will the pre-cruise and pre-party hotel remain the same in 2021?
- Yes, as of now, we have secured a new group contract at The Diplomat Beach Resort for the new 2021 dates. We will post a new reservation link on our website as soon as it is available.
- What do I need to do if I already booked at the Diplomat Beach Resort Hollywood through the StarVista LIVE room block for the 2020 dates?
- If you have an existing reservation at The Diplomat that you booked through the StarVista LIVE room block, that reservation will be automatically cancelled, and you will need to rebook with the new reservation link when it becomes available. Please contact the hotel if you have questions concerning your reservation.
- My roommate cannot make the 2021 cruise, can I bring someone else?
- Yes, if you are the financially responsible party on the reservation, you may change names in your traveling party up until September 1, 2021 with no penalty.
- I sponsored and paid for my guests to go on the 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise and now they cannot go in 2021. May I change the names on the reservation?
- Yes, if you are the financially responsible party on the reservation, you may change names in your sponsored cabin up until September 1, 2021 with no penalty.
- If I have a StarVista LIVE promotional onboard credit on my 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise reservation, will that carry over to my rebooking?
- We will carry over any 2020 StarVista LIVE promotional onboard credits to the rebooked cruise.
- I am a Travel Agent. What should I tell my guests?
- All guests will be automatically transferred to the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise and the travel agent on record will receive the confirmation. It is your responsibility to communicate any updates to your guests.
Q: I am a travel agent or group leader with guests who were supposed to sail on 2020 Malt Shop Memories Cruise. When will I receive my commission?
- Travel Agents and Group Leaders will be eligible for their earned commissions when the 2020 Malt Shop Memories guests complete their 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise sailing or alternatively use their StarVista LIVE Future Cruise Credit and complete that chosen sailing.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We cannot wait to sail with our Malt Shop Memories Cruise family again. Until that time, if there is anything we can help with, do not hesitate to reach out to our reservationists.