Information for Booked Guests
Click Here to Download, and Print This Complete Guest Information Packet
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
DEPARTURE DATE: Sunday, November 5, 2017
DEPARTURE CITY: Fort Lauderdale, Florida EMBARKATION/TERMINAL: Port Everglades. See port signs for terminal location
SHIP: Holland America Line Eurodam
TERMINAL DOORS OPEN: 10:30 a.m. Please do not arrive earlier. Due to the Eurodam’s prior voyage, the terminal will not be opened for Malt Shop Memories Cruise guests until 10:30 a.m.
BOARDING COMMENCEMENT TIME: 11:30 a.m.
SHIP DEPARTURE TIME: 5:00 p.m.
MANDATORY BOARDING TIME: No later than 3:00 p.m.
RETURN DATE: Sunday, November 12, 2017
RETURN TIME: 7:00 a.m.
(All times are EDT)
SAFE* deadline: August 30, 2017. Only applicable if you require special assistance and haven’t previously discussed your needs with a sales agent.
* Please click here for more information about SAFE
ONLINE CHECK-IN AT HOLLAND AMERICA
Complete your online check-in now at www.hollandamerica.com/onlinecheckin
This process will take about 10-15 minutes.
We strongly recommend passengers complete their check-in online in order to greatly speed up the boarding process in the terminal.
1. Enter your Holland America Line Booking number* found in your confirmation letter mailed out in your document box. It is the 6 digit alpha-numeric character code.
2. Follow the instructions (please have your passport handy to complete this process). It will take about 10-15 minutes to fully complete your online check-in.
3. Print the luggage tags to adhere to your luggage when you arrive at the terminal. Please do NOT apply to luggage before your fight in case they rip or tear off en route.
4. Starting August 1, you can book spa appointments, indulgences and dinner reservations. Starting August 9, you can book shore excursions.
5. Deadline to check-in online is close of business November 1, 2017.
If you miss the deadline, you may complete your check-in process in the Port Everglades terminal on November 5.
*Please note, you will have two numbers tied to your sailing - - a Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL) and a Booking Number from Holland America (HAL). You will use your SVL account to manage the aspects of this and future cruises including your guest information, payments, insurance and SVL add-ons. You will need your HAL Booking Number to check-in online in order to board the cruise ship and to make dinner reservations, purchase excursions, beverage packages, and spa appointments available from the ship.
Holland America Line requires ALL guests to PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT from their country of origin at embarkation. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than six months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is November 12, 2017, all passports must be valid through May 12, 2018. Guests with non-US passports are responsible for obtaining whatever visas they need to disembark at any and all of the ports of call.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE TERMINAL
Suggested ground transportation options to get you to/from Port Everglades terminal:
- Holland America shuttle service. ($19/person from Fort Lauderdale and $24/person from Miami, each way). Please call Holland America at 866-929-2332 to make these reservations.
- Taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport (approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport (approximately $75).
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE MARRIOTT NORTH FORT LAUDERDALE
Start your cruise stress free! Our convenient and comfortable motor coaches will take guests from the official Malt Shop Memories Cruise hotel, the Marriott North Fort Lauderdale, straight to the Port Everglades terminal.
For just $14 per person, your luggage will be loaded at the hotel and delivered to the terminal, all under your watchful eye. If interested in this service, simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add ground transportation as an option. For information or assistance, click here or call us at 844-855-MALT (6258). If you already purchased this option, your transfer ticket is included in your guest document box.
BOARDING THE SHIP
Boarding will commence at 11:30 a.m. Please do not arrive at the terminal before 10:30 a.m. The doors for the terminal will not open for Malt Shop Memories Cruise guests until 10:30 a.m. Please carry all essential personal items (medications, passport, ID, change of clothes if desired, etc.) with you when you board. Once you complete the embarkation process, you can proceed directly to the ship. Lunch will be served in the Lido Market, Deck 9, starting at noon, and you are free to tour the ship until the cabins are ready. Please keep in mind that the luggage delivery operation will run into the evening hours.
HOLLAND AMERICA LINE SMOKING POLICY
The smoking policy designates all interior space, including staterooms and casino, as non-smoking areas. This includes cigarettes, cigars and pipes. Electronic cigarettes are allowed in staterooms (because they do not leave any residual odor) but cannot be used in public areas. Anyone who violates the ban on smoking in the staterooms will be charged a $250 cleaning fee. No smoking of any kind will be permitted on stateroom balconies.
For guests who wish to smoke, there will be a designated area available for smoking outside on Deck 9, Sea View Bar and Pool. Clearly marked “Designated Smoking Area,” the area includes a sufficient number of ashtrays that are emptied regularly. Cigar and pipe smoking is permitted in the Designated Smoking Area.
Holland America Line reserves the right to modify the smoking policy onboard or alter the locations where smoking is permissible at any time. Please refer to the Holland America Line website for any other information.
Other than drink service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc., have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping.”
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
Our hospitality desk is located on Deck 1 Midship across from the Front Office. Our sales office is located on Deck 3 Forward in the Hudson Room. Hours will be listed in the souvenir program and daily programs delivered to your stateroom. Please stop by to say hello! It’s always great to put a face with a voice.
If your T-shirt arrived damaged, please bring it with you and we will happily exchange it, pending availability. Our hospitality desk on Deck 1 Midship will be open for exchanges on Sunday and Monday only. Hours of operation will be posted onboard.
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE ATTIRE
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual.”
Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Coverups and footwear are required in all venues and dining areas.
Evening attire is subject to the dress code for that particular evening. For six of the seven nights the evening dress code is “smart casual,” which means no shorts, tank tops or T-shirts in the main dining rooms or premium restaurants. Jeans are acceptable attire for the “smart casual” evenings. Our formal night is Prom Night on Friday. Our late-night themes offer you a chance to dress up in theme-appropriate clothing (e.g., sock hop, prom, costumes) most nights.
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE PROGRAMMING
To help you better prepare for this rock ’n’ roll party at sea, we are excited to announce that we will post our shows and event schedule on the Malt Shop Memories Cruise website on August 7! We hope this enables you to better plan your spa appointments and dining around the events you want to attend during the week. Check it regularly for any updates as we fine-tune our week at sea. Click here for schedule beginning August 7th.
During the course of the cruise we will continue to have special contests and events:
Going, Going, Gonged: Got a hidden talent you want to share? We are bringing back our talent show and all of the hilarity it inspires. If you would like to participate on board this year, start preparing now. Sign-up times will be announced aboard the ship. Please ensure that you have your own backing materials and tracks. Each participant will be allowed two minutes to perform.
Door Decorating Contest: guests are encouraged to decorate the doors to their cabins to reflect the Malt Shop Memories Cruise format. Prizes will be awarded to the winners. We ask that guests use non flammable materials and not use any fasteners or tape that would leave a hole or any residue or sticky substance when removed. Also, please don’t use anything that could fall off and impede the flow of traffic.
Hula-Hoop Contest: You may try (as many times as you want!) to be the winner of the Single, Double and Triple Hula-Hoop Contests. Those who keep the hoops going the longest win prizes.
T-shirt Party and T-shirt Decoration Contest: Join us on Tuesday afternoon for the annual T-shirt party. Put on your Malt Shop Memories Cruise T-shirt and get ready to enjoy free drinks and entertainment. There will be a contest and prizes for the guests with the most inventive T-shirt decorations.
PARTIES AND LATE-NIGHT THEMES
The Malt Shop Memories Cruise will host a wide variety of gatherings and festive events. While it is not mandatory to dress in keeping with the theme, we do encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits!
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 5 | FORT LAUDERDALE
Sail-away Party: Join cruise Emcee Extraordinaire Jerry Blavat at the Sea View Pool, Deck 9 Aft, for drinks and dancing as we get the record hop started when we depart from Fort Lauderdale.
Nightly Theme: Welcome to the 1950s and 1960s—No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the week ahead!
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 6 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Sock Hop Celebration—Ladies, pack your Pink Ladies jacket, poodle skirts and saddle shoes; Guys, grab your leather jackets, bowling shirts or letterman sweaters to celebrate the great styles of the late ’50s and early ’60s by the Lido Pool on Deck 9 with The Chiclettes.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 7 | AT SEA
Annual T-shirt Party: An afternoon of great live music and
drinks at the Lido Pool on Deck 9—wear your Malt Shop Memories Cruise T-shirt for free punch, beer and wine. Best decorated T-shirts will win prizes!
Nightly Theme: Masquerade Ball—Tonight is THE costume night and this year’s theme is Masquerade Ball, evoking magic, excitement and curiosity. So order a mask or create your own—we encourage everyone to participate as prizes will be awarded for the BEST COSTUMES!
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8 | PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN
Nightly Theme: Beach Party “Back to the Beach”—Wear your shorts, sarongs, Hawaiian shirts, leis or simply something comfortable for a special evening in the Mainstage with The Beach Boys!
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 9 | ST. JOHN’S, ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Nightly Theme: Pajama Night—Put on your P.J.’s (appropriate and tasteful attire required) and join us by the Lido Pool,Deck 9, for another night of dancing and fun.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Prom Night (Formal Night)—It was a very special night years ago so wear what you wore, would have worn or wished that you wore to your senior prom.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 11 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Farewell Night—A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night of a wonderful cruise. Wear whatever is still clean.
THE MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCES
The Mainstage is our main theater. Every guest will have the opportunity to see a nightly show based upon the designated show time (BLUE for early show and ORANGE for late show). The Mainstage Seating Card, found in the guest document box, is color coded for easy identification for the ushers and will match the color of your Ship Identification Card.
The Mainstage Show Policies and Procedures
To ensure that the entry and seating procedure is both fair and easy, we have adopted the following policies and procedures:
- You must present your Mainstage Seating Card to the ushers at the entrance in order to enter the theater for the appropriate show time. All seats have been assigned and we can’t accommodate seating requests or changes.
- There are four entrances to the Mainstage, two on Deck 2 and two on Deck 3. No other entrance is available for guests. The Mainstage Seating Card lists the suggested entrance best suited for your seat.
- Doors will open for each show approximately 30 minutes before scheduled show time. With assigned seating, there is no need to arrive early.
- All seats will be numbered clearly with Malt Shop Memories Cruise seat stickers, and ushers will be present to assist with any questions. Refer to the theater schematic here.
- Unfortunately we cannot allow guests to change seats. The guest who was assigned a specific seat may arrive late and it is too disruptive to everyone else to move once the show starts.
- Guests who interfere with the fair and safe entry into the Mainstage may risk forfeiting their rights to attend that show or other shows. Our goal is to provide the best entertainment experience for all of our guests and we request that you treat all passengers and staff with respect. Any behavior that disrupts the enjoyment of other passengers will result in removal from the show by security staff.
- The taking of flash photos and the recording of the shows violates our contracts with the performers. Since it is impossible to easily discern what type of equipment can record, no electronic equipment of any kind will be allowed in the Mainstage during shows.
MAIN DINING ROOM INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
- On November 5, you will be given your Ship Identification Card, which will either be ORANGE (early dinner seating) or BLUE (late dinner seating).
- Early dining begins at 6:00 p.m. and late dining begins at 8:30 p.m.
- As both dinner seatings are completely full, we will be unable to accommodate any requests to switch your dining time.
- Guests who previously made table requests with our office will receive a letter in their staterooms on embarkation day with the assigned table number. These guests should enter the Dining Room on Deck 3.
- All other seating will be open, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the dining room on Deck 2 to be seated.
- In the spirit of the Malt Shop Memories Cruise, guests with smaller parties will be seated with other guests.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
- Lido Market A modern marketplace with different themed stations, Lido Market provides a fresh approach to casual dining for breakfast, lunch or dinner and offers a curated selection of delicious options to grab on the go or to have quickly made to order. Deck 9
- Dive-In Dive into a grilled burger on brioche or a Nathan’s Famous gourmet hot dog. Or, enjoy a grilled chicken breast sandwich and vegetarian-friendly portobello mushroom stack. Deck 9
- New York Pizza Crisp Italian salads and personal pan pizzas made with a thin crust and sauce so savory it does New York– style pizza proud. Deck 9
- 24-Hour In-Room Dining Sleep in and have breakfast delivered. Order a salad, sandwich or entrée any time. Dive-In can be ordered in-room for a $4.95 fee. Pinnacle Grill can be ordered in room. Additional fees may apply dependent on selection ordered.
- Light Bites There’s always a “little something” being served on board. Tea is offered every afternoon when in port in the Ocean Bar, afternoon ice cream treats in the Lido Market, hors d’oeuvres stations near late-evening venues and snacks available late into the night.
BAR SERVICE OFFERINGS
SEVERAL BEVERAGE PACKAGES If you purchase before we sail, you save! Holland America Line offers alcohol and non-alcohol beverage packages. Please note: All guests in a stateroom must purchase the same package. If you are interested in purchasing a beverage package now, please contact Holland America Line at 800-541-1576.
- Pinnacle Bar A sophisticated aura lends itself beautifully to an evening spent enjoying innovative cocktails and lively conversation with your friends and fellow guests. Deck 2
- NEW! Music Walk Three new and exciting venues and bars: Lincoln Center Stage, just outside the Main Dining Room; Billboard Onboard, rocking the casino area; and the beautiful Gallery Bar with a menu created by a master mixologist join the already popular B.B. King’s Blues Club (formerly the Queen’s Lounge). Deck 2
- Tamarind Bar Exotic cocktails and saketinis are served in the Asian ambiance featuring wraparound ocean views. Deck 11
- Lido Bar Our Lido Bar will be hopping on this cruise. Located near the pool stage, this bar will be open all day and into the night as we have our nightly theme concerts by the Lido Pool. Deck 9
- Sea View Bar Located in the aft pool area, the Sea View Bar provides a quiet nook to recap all the fun of the cruise. Deck 9
- Explorations Café powered by New York Times Guests can enjoy fresh pastries and their favorite espresso drinks provided by Torrefazione Italia while relaxing in this coffeehouse environment. Explore a wide array of audio and video programming or simply read the morning paper. Internet stations also provide free access to the New York Times online edition (wireless hot spots also available for those traveling with laptops). Deck 11
The Casino on board the Eurodam offers a variety of games for all levels. Enjoy complimentary lessons from dealers and tournaments for veteran players. Deck 2
- Table Games Play blackjack, roulette, craps (select ships), three card poker, let it ride (select ships), Texas hold ’em and more.
- Slots From penny to five-dollar machines and multi- denomination games, plus video poker, there’s a game for you.
- Tournaments Join in the fun of a slot or blackjack tournament for that extra chance to win big.
THE GREENHOUSE SPA & SALON
The tranquil, Asian-inspired spa offers luxurious beauty salon and spa treatments, and features thermal pools, heated ceramic lounges and treatment rooms. Prices vary and subject to change. Deck 9
Examples include but not limited to:
- Ionithermie Slimming Treatment 50 minutes $159 | Course of 3 for $299
- Ionithermie Revitalizing Leg Therapy 45 minutes $79
- Lime & Ginger Body Massage 75 minutes $199 | 90 minutes $235
- Thai Herbal Poultice Massage 75 minutes $195
- Pro-Collagen Anti-Aging Facial 50 minutes $149
Take a class in the professionally staffed Fitness Center equipped with state-of-the-art cardio and weight machines, as well as classes in yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling and more. Fees vary. Deck 9
Capture your best moments with portrait and activity photo packages that will allow you to enjoy your cruise experience for years to come. Prices for packages vary and subject to change. Deck 3
ONLINE BOOKING: SHORE EXCURSIONS
Once you have completed your online check-in, you can book excursions (starting August 9th) directly on Holland America Line’s website. Choose your tour times, book tours and receive confirmation of your shore excursion reservations up until five days before sailing. Make your payment online and receive approximate tour departure times.
Reservations made online receive priority handling and are processed prior to requests made on board. We recommend booking as early as possible because many of the popular excursions sell out quickly.
Explorer’s Cruise & Grand Island Drive (4 hours)
Activity level: Moderate | Adult $69.95
Cruise on the double-decker Explorer—with live calypso music,
rum punch, ice-cold beer, soft drinks and views of luxury villas and yachts along Simpson Bay—to the capital, Marigot, with cafés, pastry shops and quaint stores. Luxury boutiques at the Marina Port la Royale offer tax- and duty-free fine jewelry and the latest European designer goods. Narrated drive includes picturesque fishing villages, sweeping vistas of Orient Bay, and the French Quarter, before returning to the ship.
French Riviera Beach Rendezvous (4.5 hours)
Activity level: Easy | Adult $64.95
Orient Bay’s white sand beach has the feel of the French Riviera. Wear swimsuit, bring towel and hat, and swim or relax with a welcome rum or fruit punch; lounge chairs and cushions are included in an area reserved just for you, and double umbrellas can be rented for $3. Lunch is barbecued chicken, ribs or fish with beer, wine, soda or mixed drink. Parasailing, jet skis, banana boat, massage, and more are available at your expense. Note: European- style sunbathing (clothing optional) may be observed.
Under Two Flags Island Drive (2 hours)
Activity level: Moderate | Price $29.95
Depart the Dutch capital, Philipsburg, for a harbor view and the countryside, where a monument marks the border; Hope Hill provides a spectacular view of Orient Beach, Pinel Island, and St. Barth’s. In the French capital, Marigot, browse the outdoor food market, sidewalk cafés and duty-free shops. Stop at Lookout Point for views of Simpson Bay Lagoon and neighboring islands. End in Philipsburg, where guests may stay to shop or explore, but must make their own way back to the ship.
St. John’s, Antigua and Barbuda
Catamaran Cruise with Lobster Lunch (6 hours)
Activity level: Easy | Adult $129.95
The quintessential Caribbean dream becomes reality on this decadent luxury catamaran cruise. First stop is the arched shoreline of Deep Bay Beach, with water temperatures perfect for swimming. Next stop is just a short sail down the coast. While you enjoy the beach, the crew prepares a lobster buffet lunch. An open bar and lively Caribbean music complement your meal.
Montserrat by Helicopter (1.25 hours)
Activity level: Moderate | Price $349.95
Get a close-up look at the active Soufrière volcano by helicopter. Tour the charred remains of the former capital, buried in places under 40 feet of ash, and observe the abandoned airport and massive Tar River Gorge and Delta. Tour ends with a bird’s-eye view of your cruise ship. Notes: Route may vary due to weather and volcanic activity. Maximum height/weight: 6’ 4”/230 lbs. Actual flying time is 45-50 minutes. Bring passport for Antigua and Montserrat immigration.
Scenic Antigua (3.5 hours)
Activity level: Moderate | Price $59.95
On a scenic drive from St. John’s, observe life in the tropical countryside. At English Harbour a National Park guide leads an informative walking tour of the world’s only working Georgian dockyard, Nelson’s Dockyard, base for the English naval squadron that patrolled the West Indies. Explore the museum, art gallery,gift shop and boutiques before continuing to former signal station Shirley Heights Lookout, with picture-perfect views of the harbor and the Atlantic. Air-conditioned coach returns you to St. John’s and the ship.
Beach Escape (4 hours)
Activity level: Easy | Adult $39.95
After a 10-minute drive to secluded Dickenson Bay Beach—a mile
of soft white sand bordered by coconut palms, sea grape trees and inviting aquamarine water—you’re greeted with a Caribbean cocktail and brief tour of the facilities. Relax in your lounge chair in an area reserved just for you. Soak up the sun, stroll along the beach, refresh yourself with a swim, or have a bite (at your expense) in the restaurant overlooking the ocean.
Land & Sea Excursion & Transfer to Airport
Activity level: Moderate | Price $53.95 (Fort Lauderdale, 4 hours) Adult $70.95 (Miami, 4.5 hours)
Experience Fort Lauderdale’s Arts & Science District, Riverwalk and Las Olas Boulevard, with its boutiques, cafés and galleries. Hop aboard a double-decker yacht or paddlewheeler-style boat for a 90-minute journey down the New River, into the Intracoastal Waterway to Port Everglades. Pass the historic Stranahan House, luxury homes, mega-yachts and sailboats, Navy ships and submarines. See why the city is known as the “Venice of America.” Reboard your coach and transfer to the airport.