Know Before You Go
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR 2021 BOOKED GUESTS
Thank you for booking the 2021 Malt Shop Memories Cruise, we look forward to seeing you on The Rock ‘n’ Roll Party at Sea! Below are important details and dates to keep in mind as you plan your upcoming vacation.
As a charter cruise guest, you have two important numbers tied to your sailing:
- A Reservation Number from StarVista LIVE (SVL) assigned once your booking was confirmed either via phone or online. Access your SVL account any time by clicking here to manage your guest information, payments, insurance and SVL add-ons for this and future cruises.
- A Booking Number from Holland America Line (HAL). SVL will email your Booking Number approximately 40 days prior to sailing and it will be posted in your SVL account for your convenience. With your HAL booking number, you will need to go to hollandamerica.com to complete the check-in online process no later than 72 hours prior to the cruise and download the Navigator App on your phone or tablet. Not only will your mobile boarding pass be available there, but you can also manage premium dining, spa and shore excursions reservations, review deck plans and read more information regarding your account with Holland America.
- NOTE please keep an eye on your email in the coming weeks as we will be sending you your HAL booking number that you will use to check-in online.
Remember, as guests on Holland America Line, not everything we do to make this cruise so special and unique for you will appear in the Navigator App. So, take a moment to familiarize yourself with our important details regarding the Malt Shop Memories Cruise below. There’s a handy search bar at the top right of the page to help you find additional information available!
You will also find our onboard schedule of events approximately 30 days prior to sailing under “Performance Schedule.”
IMPORTANT DATES, LOCATIONS, AND TIMES
- DEPARTURE DATE: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- DEPARTURE CITY: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- SHIP: Holland America Line Nieuw Amsterdam
- EMBARKATION/TERMINAL: Port Everglades (see port signs for terminal location)
- SHIP DEPARTURE TIME: 9:00 p.m.
- RETURN DATE: Saturday, November 6, 2021 RETURN TIME: 7:00 a.m. (all times are EST)
ONLINE CHECK-IN AND PRE-CRUISE REQUIREMENTS
- Complete Online Check in: As stated above, your booking number will be emailed to you and available in you StarVista LIVE account approximately 40 days prior to sailing. Log in to hollandamerica.com . All guests must complete the Vaccine Attestation, accept the Passage Contract and Risk Acknowledgment forms and complete the online check in at least 72 hours before embarkation. You also must complete the pre-cruise Health Questionnaire (available 72-24 hours before you embark the ship) as part of the online check-in process. You’ll be asked to reconfirm your answers when arriving at the port. This questionnaire, your boarding pass and your check-in time will be available on the Navigator App.
- Download the Holland America Line Navigator APP: This is your essential tool for pre-cruise tools and forms, boarding passes, embarkation updates, onboard experiences and more. Learn more here.
- Negative COVID-19 Test: It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with the current Holland America Line testing policy. All fully vaccinated guests must produce a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation. It’s critical that you have your test results with you upon your arrival to the terminal. We will not be able to accommodate guests without proof of a negative, medically observed, test.
- Proof of Vaccination: It is our guests’ responsibility to comply with the current Holland America Line vaccination policy. Using the Navigator mobile app or online check-in, guests will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise, and bring an original proof of vaccination to cruise check-in.
How do I do online check-in?
- Click here to be taken to the check in page on HollandAmerica.com Enter your Holland America Line Booking Number that will be emailed to you. It is the 6-digit alphanumeric character code.
- Follow the instructions (please have your passport handy to complete this process). It will take about 10-15 minutes to fully complete your online check-in.
- Sign the ACKNOWLEDGEMENT & ACCEPTANCE OF RISKS FOR COVID-19 form available on the online check-in page. You will not be able to sail if this form has not been signed/agreed to.
- Print the luggage tags to adhere to your luggage when you arrive at the terminal. Please DO NOT apply to luggage before your flight in case they rip or tear off en route.
- Deadline to check in online is close of business October 26, 2021 (EST).
- Download the free Holland America Line Navigator App to see your boarding pass
What is the Holland America Line Navigator App? Why do I need it?
This is your essential tool for pre-cruise tools and forms, boarding passes, embarkation updates, onboard experiences and more. Learn more here.
What time can I arrive to the terminal and what do I need to present?
Holland America Line will assign check-in times for arrival to the terminal. Upon completion of your online check in, if the time shows "To Be Assigned" it will be assigned soon. Please download the Navigator App for updates and to access to your digital boarding pass and more.
All guests must wear a mask during embarkation in the cruise terminal. Physical distancing will be managed in the cruise terminal as guests arrive and check in. For the health and safety of all, guests arriving to the terminal more than 20 minutes prior to their assigned check-in time will be asked to return at their designated time in order to maintain proper controls on capacity.
IMPORTANT ITEMS THAT NEED TO BE PRESENTED AT TERMINAL
- Boarding Pass: Navigator App or printed form
- Passport, Identification & Visa documents: Holland America Line requires ALL guests to PRESENT A VALID PASSPORT from their country of origin at embarkation. There are no substitutes for this requirement. A valid passport is one that expires more than six months after the date the cruise disembarks. Since the date of disembarkation is November 6, 2021, all passports must be valid through May 6, 2022. Guests with non-US passports are responsible for obtaining whatever required visas necessary to disembark at any and all of the ports of call. Visit state.govfor identification, visa and vaccination requirements.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
The original proof of vaccination should clearly show the guest’s name on the vaccination card matching their photo ID, the dates of vaccine doses (final dose must have been received at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise), and the name of facility administering the vaccination.
- Negative, COVID-19 test and required documents
ALL fully vaccinated guests are required to produce a negative, medically observed, viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation. It’s critical that you have your test results with you upon your arrival for sailings.
TRANSPORTATION FROM AIRPORT TO THE TERMINAL
- Holland America Line shuttle service. ($19/person from Fort Lauderdale airport and $29/person from Miami airport, each way). Please call Holland America Line at 866-929-2332 to make these reservations.
- Taxi from Fort Lauderdale airport (approximately $25).
- Taxi from Miami airport (approximately $85).
- StarVista LIVE does not offer a shuttle from the airport to any hotel prior to our cruise departure. We suggest taking a taxi, rideshare like Uber or Lyft or booking travel through your airline and/or hotel.
It is your responsibility to arrive at the ship in time for the departure and to secure your transportation at the end of your cruise.
TRANSPORTATION FROM THE DIPLOMAT BEACH RESORT HOLLYWOOD, FL TO THE TERMINAL
For just $19 per person, we have private motorcoach transportation available. You will need to bring your luggage down to lobby and transportation helpers will assist you loading your luggage into box trucks at the hotel and delivered to the terminal. Please make sure your bags are properly tagged with Holland America luggage tags and loaded onto the box truck before you board the motorcoach.
To purchase this service simply log in to your StarVista LIVE account and add Hotel Transfer to Cruise Pier to your reservation or at the Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, FL from the transportation company (Elect Travel).
This service is only offered from the Diplomat Beach Resort, Hollywood, FL
Transfers are not included in the cost of the hotel and will be charged to the credit card on file connected to your StarVista LIVE account. For information or assistance, call us at 844-855-6258 (MALT).
Long Term Parking at the Pier
Port Everglades offers on-site covered parking for $15 per day. Please follow the signs to the midport garage.
Handicap parking is complimentary only if there are ADA modifications done to the vehicle such as: hand controls, extended pedals, wheelchair ramp, etc. Also, 100% Disabled Veterans with ADA license placard will receive complimentary parking.
For more information go to https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/parking/
PREMIER CRUISE PARKING
Self-uncovered parking with free shuttle to cruise ship terminal.
Call 800-435-3195 and use rate code MSM21 to get a special rate of $9.50 per day. This also includes a courtesy round-trip shuttle to the cruise terminal. Reservations must be made up to 14 days prior to departure date to get the special Malt Shop Memories Cruise rate.
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE ATTIRE
What do I wear? Can you suggest packing tips?
The overall dress theme for the cruise is “smart casual.”
Daytime attire is not subject to limitations, so guests may dress in appropriate and tasteful clothing of their choosing. Coverups and footwear are required in all venues and dining areas.
Evening attire is subject to the dress theme for that particular evening. For six of the seven nights the evening dress theme is “smart casual,” which means no shorts, tank tops or T-shirts in the main dining room or premium restaurants. Jeans are acceptable attire for the “smart casual” evenings. Our formal night is Prom Night on Thursday. Our nightly themes offer you a chance to dress up in theme-appropriate clothing (e.g., sock hop, prom, costumes) most nights. Check them out below!
PARTIES AND LATE-NIGHT THEMES
The Malt Shop Memories Cruise will host a wide variety of gatherings and festive events. While it is not mandatory to dress in keeping with the theme, we do encourage you to have some fun and plan some outfits!
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 30 | FORT LAUDERDALE
Welcome Aboard Party: Join cruise Emcee Extraordinaire Jerry Blavat at the Sea View Pool, Deck 9 Aft, for drinks and dancing as we get the record hop started.
Nightly Theme: Welcome to the 1950s and 1960s—No special outfits required. Get unpacked and settled in for the week ahead!
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Halloween Celebration—Ghouls and goblins galore! Dress in your scariest costumes for a howlin’ night under the moon.
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1 | AT SEA
Annual T-shirt Party: An afternoon of great live music and drinks on the Lido Deck, Deck 9 Midship—wear your Malt Shop Memories Cruise T-shirt for complimentary select beverages. Best decorated T-shirts will win prizes!
Nightly Theme: Sock Hop Celebration—Gals, pack your poodle skirts and saddle shoes; guys, grab your letterman sweaters and high-top sneakers to celebrate the great preppy styles of the late ’50s and early ’60s on the Lido Deck, Deck 9 Midship.
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 2 | COZUMEL
Nightly Theme: Back to the Beach—Wear your shorts, sarongs, Hawaiian shirts, leis or simply something comfortable to dance with Jan & Dean’s Beach Party tonight on the Lido Deck.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 3 | COSTA MAYA
Nightly Theme: 1950s & 1960s Movie and TV Character Night—Tonight is THE costume night! We have had everyone from Lucy and Ethel to the cast of Gilligan’s Island in years past. Get creative and celebrate your favorites from TV and film of the ’50s & ’60s! We encourage everyone to participate as prizes will be awarded for the MOST CREATIVE COSTUMES!
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 4 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Prom Night (Formal Night)—It was a very special night years ago so wear what you wore, would have worn or wished that you wore to your senior prom.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5 | AT SEA
Nightly Theme: Farewell Night—A celebration of the bittersweet feelings for the last night of a wonderful cruise. Wear whatever is still clean.
MALT SHOP MEMORIES CRUISE PROGRAMMING
Will I get to see a schedule of shows and events before the cruise?
To help you better prepare, we will post our onboard show and events schedule on maltshopcruise.com in October. We hope this enables you to better plan your days and schedule dining around the events you want to attend. Check back regularly for any updates as we fine-tune our time onboard.
During the course of the cruise we will continue to have special contests and events:
- Going, Going, Gonged Got a hidden talent you want to share? We are bringing back our talent show and all of the hilarity it inspires. If you would like to participate on board this year, start preparing now. Sign-up times will be announced aboard the ship. Please ensure that you have your own backing materials and tracks. Each participant will be allowed two minutes to perform.
- Door Decorating Contest Guests are encouraged to decorate the doors to their cabins to reflect the Malt Shop Memories Cruise format. Prizes will be awarded to the winners. We ask that guests use nonflammable materials and not use any fasteners or tape that would leave a hole, any residue or sticky substance when removed. Also, please don’t use anything that could fall off and impede the flow of traffic.
- Hula-Hoop Contest You may try (as many times as you want!) to be the winner of the Single, Double and Triple Hula-Hoop Contests. Those who keep the hoops going the longest win prizes.
- T-shirt Party and T-shirt Decoration Contest Join us on Monday afternoon for the annual T-shirt party. Put on your Malt Shop Memories Cruise T-shirt and get ready to enjoy free drinks and entertainment. There will be a contest and prizes for the guests with the most inventive T-shirt decorations.
THE MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCES
When/where do I receive my reserved seating card for the Mainstage? What are the policies and procedures?
The Mainstage is our main theater. Every guest will have the opportunity to see a nightly show based upon the designated show time.
The Mainstage Seating Card (which you will receive at your stateroom) is color coded for easy identification for the ushers and will match the color of your Stateroom Key Card (which you will also receive at your stateroom).
The Mainstage Show Policies and Procedures
To ensure that the entry and seating procedure is both fair and easy, we have adopted the following policies and procedures:
You must present your Mainstage Seating Card to the ushers at the entrance in order to enter the theater for the appropriate show time. All seats have been assigned and we cannot accommodate seating requests or changes.
- There are four entrances to the Mainstage, two on Deck 2 and two on Deck 3. No other entrance is available for guests. The Mainstage Seating Card lists the suggested entrance best suited for your seat.
- Doors will open for each show approximately 30 minutes before scheduled show time. With assigned seating, there is no need to arrive early.
- All seats will be numbered clearly with Malt Shop Memories Cruise seat stickers, and ushers will be present to assist with any questions. Refer to the Mainstage Seating Schematic
- Unfortunately, we cannot allow guests to change seats. The guest who was assigned a specific seat may arrive late and it is too disruptive to everyone else to move once the show starts.
- Guests who interfere with the fair and safe entry into the Mainstage may risk forfeiting their rights to attend that show or other shows. Our goal is to provide the best entertainment experience for all our guests and we request that you treat all passengers and staff with respect. Any behavior that disrupts the enjoyment of other passengers will result in removal from the show by security staff.
- The taking of flash photos and the recording of shows violate our contracts with the performers. Since it is impossible to easily discern what type of equipment can record, no electronic equipment of any kind will be allowed in the Mainstage during shows.
MAIN DINING ROOM INCLUDED IN CRUISE FARE
- On embarkation day October 30th, you will be given your Stateroom Key Card. Your Stateroom Key Card will be color-coded for either early (GOLD) or late (BLUE) dining.
- Early (GOLD) dining begins at 6:00 p.m. and late (BLUE) dining begins at 8:30 p.m.
- Guests who previously made table requests with our office will receive a letter in their stateroom on embarkation day with the assigned table number. These guests should enter the Upper Dining Room on Deck 3.
- All other seating will be open, meaning that once guests have their full party together, they should proceed to the Lower Dining Room on Deck 2 to be seated.
OTHER DINING OPTIONS
- Please visit the Holland America Line website or Navigator App to view the complete Dining (included in fare) and Fine Dining (additional cost) options on board.
- Reservations for Fine Dining (additional cost) are recommended and can easily be made through the Holland America Line website or Navigator App once you complete your Online Check-in or from your stateroom.
Beverage packages are available through Holland America Line. They can be purchased online once you have your Holland America booking number, which will be emailed to you approximately 40 days prior to sailing.
Please note: All guests in a stateroom must purchase the same package. If you are interested in purchasing a beverage package before boarding, please contact Holland America Line at 800-541-1576.
Once you have completed your online check-in, you can book excursions directly at Holland America Line. Click “Already Booked” and login with My Account.
Choose your tour times, book tours and receive confirmation of your shore excursion reservations up until three days before sailing. Make your payment online and receive approximate tour departure times. Reservations made online receive priority handling and are processed prior to requests made on board. We recommend booking as early as possible because many of the popular excursions sell out quickly.
Other than drink and Spa service charges, all tips for servers, cabin stewards, etc., have been pre-paid. However, please feel free to reward exemplary service with the internationally recognized sign of gratitude: “tipping.”
HOSPITALITY AND SALES AREAS
Our Hospitality Desk is located on Deck 1 Midship across from Guest Services. Our sales office is located on Deck 3 Forward in the Hudson Room. Hours will be listed in the souvenir program and daily program delivered to your stateroom. Please stop by to say hello! It’s always great to put a face with a voice.
T-SHIRT ONBOARD DELIVERY AND EXCHANGES
If you purchased your stateroom after 9/8, your t-shirt will be delivered to your stateroom on Night 1.
Our Hospitality Desk on Deck 1 Midship will be open for exchanges on Sunday and Monday before the T-shirt party. Hours of operation will be posted on board. Please bring your T-shirt with you and we will happily exchange it, pending availability.